NCD officers may not incur any obligations that cannot lawfully be funded from prior appropriations unless such obligations are otherwise authorized by law.
NCD officers may incur obligations as necessary for orderly termination of an agency's functions, but funds may not be disbursed.
- Estimated time to complete shutdown: One half-day;
- Number of on-board employees prior to execution: 11;
- Number of employees retained under plan: 0;
- Executive Director will notify OMB that shutdown procedures have initiated;
- Director of Administration will notify building management of shutdown status;
- Director of Administration will notify all agency personnel of shutdown status and will initiate action to issue furlough notices and other instructions as appropriate;
- Director of Administration will direct Contracting Officer's Representatives to notify agency contractors of shutdown status and other instructions as appropriate;
- Director of Administration will direct Network Consultant to ensure servers and other IT equipment are secured; and
- Agency personnel will be instructed to obtain information from news outlets for when a continuing resolution or an FY 2017 appropriation has been approved and that they will be expected to return to work on their next regularly scheduled work day.
OMB Circular No. A-ll (2015), Section 124.2, pages 1-2
OMB Memo M-13-22, Planning for Agency Operations during a Potential Lapse in Appropriations (and attachments), September 17, 2013.